If a tenant moves as long as a common tenant continues to reside in a single or principal property, a common rent is maintained. This means that we can only consider granting a single tenancy agreement if a joint tenancy agreement is terminated by one of the tenants. Your neighbourhood officer can advise you on this. A rental agreement can usually only be changed if she and your landlord agree. If you agree to both, the change must be recorded in writing, either by the establishment of a new written document specifying the terms of the lease agreement, or by amending the existing written lease. The lease is a contract between you and your landlord. It can be written or oral. The lease gives you and your landlord certain rights. For example, your right to occupy the accommodation and your landlord`s right to get rent for the rental of the accommodation.

We may have already been alerted by the Tell Us Once service about death if you used it, but you need the above information. It is also the time when you have to tell us if there is someone who wants to pass the lease. An oral agreement can also be changed. The change will usually also be verbal. In the event of a dispute, proof of the change can be provided if: the handing over of a tenancy agreement to another person in the event of the death of a tenant is called an estate. Common tenants automatically become single tenants when the other tenant dies. The lease has information about paying your rent. If you are struggling to pay your rent, we will do everything in our power to help you. You have to do something, because you risk losing your home.

If there is anything in the agreement that you do not understand, contact us or seek advice from a lawyer, civic council or municipal residential centre. The lease is a form of consumer contract and, as such, must be done in clear and understandable language. It must not contain clauses that could be “unfair.” This means, for example, that the lease does not put you or your landlord in an unfavourable position, should not allow a party to change the terms unilaterally and without good reason, or to bind you irrevocably to conditions with which you did not have time to administer yourself. An abusive clause is not valid by law and cannot be enforced.

Council Flat Tenancy Agreement

  • April 9th, 2021
  • Posted in Uncategorized

Comments are closed.